From: "BobbieG."
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 11:10:40 -0700
Subject: LiveConcert on the web

From the LiveConcerts site:

"Rock heavyweight Steve Winwood is Back in the High Life, right here on
LiveConcerts.com. On Sunday, August 24 at 3:30 p.m. (Pacific Time), we'll be
bringing you the  R&B/pop/soul genius of ex-Traffic man Winwood, back in
full form on his seventh solo release, "Junction Seven" (Virgin Records),
featuring guest appearances by Lenny Kravitz, Nile Rogers and Des'ree. So,
While You See a Chance, Take It, and don't miss out on this one! And to
top it all off, we'll be broadcasting it in RealVideo!"

The URL is -- http://www.liveconcerts.com/lobby/

From: LesterJake@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 15:30:15 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Smiling Phases #100

Now that we are nearing SP 100, what are your plans?  I still like soliciting
everyone's Musical Highlights--five of your favorite SW cuts or segments, and
why.

Les

[Okay, folks, you heard the request!  Everyone write me a special SP #100 post,
listing your 5 favorite cuts and tell us why you like them!  OR if you don't like
that idea, tell us what inspired you to listen to SW in the first place -- was it a
friend who influenced you?  Did you see a concert?  What?  --BG]

3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3
From: subscribe@spencer-davis-group.com (SDG Subscribe)
Subject: Spencer's New CD
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 18:34:37 GMT

ATTENTION!!! SPENCER DAVIS GROUP CYBERFANS!!!

*** The Spencer Davis Group NEW CD is in!
Spencer has finished his work in the studio.  He reviewed each of your email
music requests before selecting the songs that are on his latest CD.

Another Cyberfan is editor of the Spencer Davis Group/Traffic magazine, one
is a British pop/rock historian, and there is a SDG Cyberfan who is especially
fond of the "Autumn '66" recording. There are many, many more.

The list is too long to mention everyone, but Spencer would like to thank each
of you who emailed a CD song request.

*** Here is the list of songs YOU wanted and are now on the CD.

Keep On Running,  Sombody Help Me,  When I Come Home,  Gimme Some
Lovin',  I'm A Man, Mr. Second Class,  Time Seller, Midnight Special,  I'm A
Believer,  Indian Giver, Special Delivery, Jami,  One Of The Ten,  Good Ole
Days,  I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight.

*** And an added bonus for Blues Cyberfans - A medley of your Blues
favorites

Blue Suede Shoes,  That's Alright Mama,  Blue Moon Of Kentucky,  I Forgot
To Remember To Forget,  Why, Why, Why Me.

*** A personal note from Spencer

I have been touring through Europe and the States for quite some time now and
I must say that you fans are the best a lad from Britain could ever hope for.
Thank you for the many years you have enjoyed listening to my music.

Keep on runnin',
Spencer

4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 15:06:44 -0500
From: Steven Robert Seim
Subject: an answer and more questions

Called the station today--they have no plans to rerun the "Sounds and Visions"
show, but put in a "request" from me to do so.  Hopefully someone else caught
it. What I saw (as someone else wrote) took major songs from different years,
going back to the 50's (ending with several Elvis songs).  And it sounds like the
same set of performers (Chaka Khan was on this one as well).  Unfortunately,
what aired here was one hour, not three, and included only two of SW's
appearances (from what I saw).

By the way, I wanted to ask you something  else--have you gotten that CD
release of Here We Go Round... from RPM records that was mentioned awhile
back?  The most I can get from the web page is that I'd need to send them a
money order in British pounds (which costs about $20 to do, besides the cost
of the CD).  Have you been able to get it anywhere else, or do we have to
wait until RPM accepts credit card orders?

One more thing, while I'm thinking of it--do you know where I could get piano
sheet music for Glad (or any other SW/Traffic/SDG for that matter)? My
younger brother is a wizz at the piano, and I've always wanted to hear him play
that song.

Thanks a bunch.

From: "Vockeroth, Adrian"
Subject: Junction 7 on CD ROM
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 13:50:26 -0400

official releases but a promo acetate CD ROM version of J7 is available for
40.00 at the following URL:

http://www.ni.net/cdstore.com/cdgrpswi.htm

Adrian Vockeroth

6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6
From: sohi@aabc.dk
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 15:37:33 +0100
Subject: Traffic on Danish radio

Danish radio will broadcast 1 hour's "Traffic Classic Live" on Wednesday, 27
August at 9.03 p.m. local time. No further details, but no doubt interesting.

best wishes
Soren

7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 16:52:58 -0400
From: randy tyler
Subject: tour players

Hello! I'm planning to see Steve on 9/28 at the 9:30 Club in D.C. Can you tell
me who is in his touring band? Thanks. Randy.