Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 07:53:03 -0700
Subject: Winwood Cybercast
From: gabfactor

Just to keep you informed....

Check http://www.virginrecords.com/news.html for info on the Winwood
event! Please spread the word.

Thanks,
GF

2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 09:46:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: jfwales
Subject: New Video

ALL RIGHT!!!  I just saw it for the first time this morning on VH-1...well, I
think I liked the music a little better on the Honors show, but I'm not
complaining!  As for the video...it looks like a cross between "Roll With It" &
"Holdin' On," both of which I liked!  Still counting down 'til next Tuesday!

Jeanie

3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3
From: "Elena Iglio"
Subject: HEARING AIDS....
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 19:32:24 +0200

DECENT "WELCOME TO THE CANTEEN"???
DISAPPOINTING "ON THE ROAD"???

Well, I think I was right in the first place, you probably need hearing aids!! (No
offense...);-)  We're glad you approve and like the Traffic symbol!

Oh, BTW, it is an ancient Celtic symbol ideated by the artist Carol Ruskin, a
stylizing of the Ancient Swastika (yes, you'd better believe it, although this had
absolutely NO political implications. Right wing ideologies often made theirs
symbols belonging to the ancient Celtic or Runic symbologies....) and the green
colour was originally thought of as (according to two different interpretations I
read in my Traffic Annals) 1 - a way to symbolize Traffic's "green light"  -
freedom to go in ANY directions or their love of Nature (the Cottage hype, at
the time).

From: Winwoodie@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 23:25:04 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: SW at Virgin Megastore

Only if you're one of the first people to buy J7 at Virgin Megastore on 6-3 can
you get a pass to the concert on 6-8.  Also it's an autographed CD!

Craig

5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5
From: ASchulberg@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 19:23:05 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Importance in the Band

<<  I  think that he was probably third in importance in the band behind
Winwood and Capaldi anyway; I feel that Mason has been overrated and that
Capaldi has been underrated >>

WHOA. What about Chris Wood? In my listening experience if you remove
Wood you don't even have Traffic. Think about it, friends. Isn't the crucial
difference between Winwood solo and Traffic, the incomparable and
irreplaceable sound of Chris Wood?

Mason came and went, and it was still Traffic, so he don't even make the list.
How about:

Wood
Winwood
Capaldi
Everyone Else

IMHO, yes.

Arnie

6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 20:51:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Sunday LA Times on Megastore performance
From: jfwales

I'm gonna quote this EXACTLY from the early edition of the Sunday L A
Times for June 1:

   STEVE WINWOOD
   JUNCTION SEVEN
   The new album featuring SPY IN THE HOUSE
   On sale June 3
   See Steve Winwood in his first and only in-store performance!
   Sunday, June 8 at 6 pm
   Virgin Megastore, 8000 Sunset Blvd.
   Purchase the new album Junction Seven and receive access to priority
viewing of the event in s special VIP section, a guaranteed Winwood
autograph and the exclusive Virgin Megastore  "Anatomy of Music Vol. 1" CD
sampler.

Jeanie

7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7
From: MHargre586@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 08:37:59 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Mulberry Bush

At long last , a CD of the Film Soundtrack of "Here We Go Round The
Mulberry Bush" is to be released this month.  Check out

http://www.rpmrecords.co.uk/

Now there's only GO to go!
Bye, Mike.

8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8
From: "Les Jacobson"
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 08:51:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Steve Winwood Club Dates

 Forwarded by Les Jacobson/Antec on 06/02/97 08:35 AM

STEVE WINWOOD UNVEILS NEW VIRGIN ALBUM, JUNCTION SEVEN
BLITZES LOS ANGELES WITH LIVE PERFORMANCES AT VIRGIN
MEGASTORE ON SUNSET AND THREE SOLD-OUT SHOWS AT THE
ROXY

LOS ANGELES, CA -- May 30, 1997 -- Steve Winwood returns to the
spotlight with a vengeance this summer, as he unveils his new album Junction
Seven with a bi-coastal series of live shows, highlighted by a huge June 8 event
at the Virgin Megastore on Los Angeles' Sunset Blvd.

Following hot on the heels of Junction Seven's official June 3 release, the
Megastore extravaganza not only celebrates the album's arrival but also
possesses a strong audience-appreciation theme:  it's Winwood's way of saying
thanks to his huge fan base.  Fans who purchase a copy of Junction Seven at
any Southern California Virgin Megastore, in the days preceding June 8, will
receive special access to the show, while supplies last.

The June 8 event will begin at approximately 6 p.m. PST, with Winwood and
his 10-piece touring band performing half a dozen songs -- including "Spy In
The House Of Love," the debut single from Junction Seven -- in the Virgin
Megastore courtyard.  The show will be broadcast live via satellite to all the
other U.S. Virgin Megastores.

The event will also be broadcast online:  fans worldwide can access the
RealVideo Internet cybercast of Winwood's Virgin Megastore show via
http://www.liveconcerts.com.  The Internet concert broadcast will be followed
by a live online chat with Winwood.  For further details, fans should log onto
Virgin Records America's website
(http://www.virginrecords.com/realvideo.html).

The June 8 bash comes amid a series of sold-out shows on both coasts.
Winwood & Co. are booked for three nights (June 4-6) at New York City's
Irving Plaza.  Following the Megastore event, Winwood will play three
sold-out nights (June 9-11) at Los Angeles' Roxy Theater, offering fans
full-length shows in the Roxy's marvelously intimate environment.

As the new Junction Seven album receives a special Virgin Megastore launch,
Steve Winwood reaffirms his role as a towering figure in modern music.

9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9
From: "BobbieG."
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 15:42:24 -0700
Subject: Tour dates

I've been getting a lot of private email lately, asking when SW will be in (fill in
your town's name here).

Everything that we know is on Scott's web-site, so check that first.  Basically,
we know about the NYC gigs this week and the LA ones next week; then it
appears SW will be in Europe all summer, and the US tour is schedduled for
September-December.  June is FAR too early to have announced specific dates
or venues yet.  We probably won't hear much of anything till late July or
August, so everybody just sit tight!

Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 00:36:39 -0500 (CDT)
From: pjrosano@ix.netcom.com (Paul Rosano)
Subject: Re: Live concert on Net also has chat

There's a chat scheduled also.

** STEVE WINWOOD LIVE CYBERCAST AND CHAT
SUNDAY, JUNE 8 @ 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (2:00 GMT)

Rock heavyweight Steve Winwood is Back in the High Life with a brand new
album and a LIVE Cybercast and chat.  On Sunday, June 8 at 6:00 p.m. (PT),
we'll be bringing you Winwood, LIVE in concert, followed by a LIVE chat at
8:00 p.m. (PT).  The R&B/pop/soul genius of ex-Traffic man Winwood is back
in full form on his latest solo release for Virgin Records, "Junction Seven."

Paul

11*11*11*11*11*11*11*11*11
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 23:53:23 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Berkin Altinok
Subject: Re: the video

Well i have seen the video on Super channel NBC on Europe, it was so cool,
the greatest i have seen so far , and the song is great,  the album cover is great,
there was this program called "The Ticket" where they had an interview with
Steve , he talked a lot on the new album and why he will do Club dates rather
than bigger venues, by the way eldest daughter plays the violin, and the
contribution of the family is influential on Steve, he looked good, , not many
whites around the temples,

well i remember one magazine calling him the "Dorian Gray " of Rock,,

well again my pebble on the beach is getting washed away!!!!!!  Berkin

12*12*12*12*12*12*12*12*12
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 15:32:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: jfwales
Subject: I'd like to tell you a story...

Please read this at your leisure; it may be long, but it will be funny!

It was sunny this morning, as always, here in the desert.  But, that was good; I
planned to take a little trip of about 50 miles down to Ontario Mills, an outlet
mall.  I got my daughter off to school & hubby off to work; I didn't even take
time to get on the Internet!  My tummy hurt, so I didn't eat breakfast.  I
puttered around the house until I knew that I had to get going.  When I started
the car I took time for a quick prayer; it was needful, because I was so nervous
that I cut off a car at the corner (it was my friend!)  As I approached the pass, I
realized that everyone coming from the other way had their lights on; yes, it
was going to be foggy, but THAT wasn't going to stop me - I was on a
mission...  I arrived at the mall a little before nine; pretty empty; that was good!
Parked & went in & camped out in the food court across from the Virgin
Megastore.  Drank my Starbuck & eagle-eyed the employees as they went about
their jobs.  There were a couple of other people hanging around, & I secretly
prayed that they weren't there for the same reason I was; I'd hate to read the
headlines, "Old lady tramples young kids at music store!"  At five 'til ten I
made my move to the door.  One of the guys said that it would still be a few
minutes; "That's okay," I said, "Just wanna pick up Steve Winwood's new CD
& get passes to the live concert at the Hollywood store (you see, I had called
last week, & THIS store said that they would get ten of the 100 passes that
would be given out...).  He said, "Just come to the counter,"  When they
FINALLY rolled up the door, I was the first one there.  Of course, the guy was
gone, & the three young girls didn't know what I was talking about, so they
called for him. After waiting, impatiently, he came out with these chains with
laminated cards attached & two J7 CD's.  We discussed the Traffic concert of
three years ago while he rang up my order.  I was concerned that they might
not let me buy two; thought maybe they'd limit the number of passes you could
get, but no; in fact, I could've had all ten (believe me, I THOUGHT about it! -
about the price of a scalped ticket!), but I'm really not a greedy person, & you
DID have to sign name, address, & phone number for them - that might look a
bit odd!  Needless to say, I DEFINITELY have SOMETHING to look forward
to!  He said to take the CD on Sunday, & SW will be signing them there; I
KNOW I've died & gone to heaven! BTW, anyone CAN show up, but the 100
passes get VIP seating, etc.

Haven't listened to the whole CD, yet, but I do remember liking "Real Love"
immediately when I heard it...  Also, BTW, Virgin didn't get the single in, so I
wonder if any of the other music stores got it...?

Jeanie

P.S. BTW, NONE of the other people were buying SW's CD, so I didn't have to
hurt anybody!  There were eight passes still when I left... (kinda sad, in a
way...) But, the guy figured that they'll be gone by the end of the day!