From: "Jason Nickerson"
Subject: Re: Billboard Magazine reviews Spy....
Date: Fri, 02 May 97 18:40:27 PDT

> From: MomeyKate@aol.com
> Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 14:56:17 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: Billboard Magazine reviews Spy....
>
> Still behind on what I'd like to post to SP, but I just saw a
> singles review in May 3 Billboard of "Spy in the House of Love"-
>
> Listed under Adult Contemporary (I'm not too fond of that):

This is sooo funny! :)  I have seen SW classified in "Soft Rock" and "Hard
Rock".  Yet another testament to his broad range.  Can't lump good ol' Stevie in
any one category!!! :)

> Haven't heard it on radio yet, though.   But really haven't had
> time to listen much!
> [Good time to add - Don't you guys forget about the contest!

Radio stations here play nothin' but Country (note my e-mail address),
otherwise I would be glued to the radio all day at work.

2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2
From: MomeyKate@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 15:11:34 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Smiling Phases, volume 72

Just read SP 72...  So much to look into!  How could I have missed the VH1
Electric Ladyland Special??  Hope it'll be repeated soon.  And thanks to Guy for
the info.  Also, I will think of something to write to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
regarding Traffic/SW.  Thanks, Angie for suggesting this.  Just the list of
musicians that held Traffic and SW in high regard should count for something!
Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Robert Plant,
Billy Joel, Aaron Neville and Paul Weller to name some...

Some rambling "I kept meaning to post abouts":

How about "Stranger to Himself" and "Midland Maniac", not to mention
"Sometimes I Feel so Uninspired" for SW angst?  Not exactly happy-go-lucky
material there.  But I like it!

To Stephen MacDougall/ Dave Mason fans-
      I have seen Dave Mason twice in the last decade (in small venues)  and
enjoyed him very much.  I am a later Traffic fan, however, and an even bigger
SW fan.  One of my only complaints about Steve has been his somewhat unkind
comments about Dave Mason.  Mason was a large part of early Traffic and
should be acknowledged as such.  I'm glad he will be touring with Ringo Starr,
Gary Brooker and Jack Bruce- more people will get the chance to hear him and
remember his contributions to rock.

--I'll save my "set wish list"  for another time!

Mary from Minnesota

[Speaking of the Hall of Fame  - I see 10 posts in there currently, all from
Subscribers!  Way to go, guys, slap me five!!  -BG]

3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 18:39:28 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Berkin Altinok
Subject: fuss, fuss, fuss!!

What is all this fuss going on about the stones, knock it off guys !!! , needless,
we got more important stuff to consider , like the new album, ,,if you want to
talk on the stones , How about this , there is a rumor on some Rock & Roll
books that SW and Clapton, played on " Beggars Banquet", i mean i' ve got the
album, no credits are listed inside, but mine is the US version, i think the UK
version has thicker booklet in it, so maybe someone can inform us on that..

About Capaldi, i think he rules, and kicks ...., he is a great drummer,
percussionist, composer, and vocalist, for my money the greatest Capaldi song
is " Game of Love" from the " Contender" album, he is one of the most
influential Rock figures at the moment , it is a shame that he is not producing
anymore, if there is anybody out there , knowing anything current about Jim ,
please let me know,,,, thanks....

4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4
Date: Sun, 04 May 1997 09:27:22 -0500
From: Yui-chan
Subject: Winwood on the Radio

Okay, so I was getting into my car today to go for a drive and I remembered
how everyone was excited about Steve's new single coming out, so instead of
listening to the tape player as I normally would, I decided to listen to the radio.

So I start flipping through and then I stop on 107.7 in Oklahoma City.  What
do I hear.  Well, I hear _Freedom Rider_.

Okay, so it's not exactly the new single, however, it is good to note that there
are still stations that will play good music, even if it is rather old and not
necessarily the most well know stuff in the world.

        Eric

5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5
From: "BobbieG."
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 09:52:40 -0700
Subject: Chris Wood's family

I have learned from one of our Subscribers that Chris Wood's  father passed
away on April 10, and his mother is now dangerously ill.  I know you all join
me in sending best wishes to Muriel Wood and all her family.