Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 05:56:30 -0700 (MST)
From: Paolo_G_Marchiori@rcm.usr.dsi.unimi.it
Subject: Jim Capaldi in Rainbow Concert

Have you ever heard he Rainbow Concert record? Before
"Pearly Queen" you can hear a voice saying "Uno, Due, Tre, Quattro"... Well,
it's "One, Two, Three, Four" in Italian... I think it's Jim Capaldi's voice
(Capaldi is an Italian name)

Paolo "Bussola" Marchiori, the Pigeon Master

2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2
From: McLace@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 00:07:52 -0400
Subject: Subscriber has a granddaughter

In the mean time, I now the proud grandfather of a baby girl.  Maya Luna
Guevara was borne on Friday evening, around 5:30 EDT, 8 lb 12 oz, 22",
brown eyes and a full head of light brown hair, the appropriate number of
fingers and toes, and a fine, fine set of lungs.

3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 23:07:23 -0500
From: Andrea Dyche
Subject: Re: LP versions?

I'm trying to find out whether or not Refugees Of The Heart and/or Far
From Home were released on LP.  And, if they were, where I could find them.

Thanks.
Andrea

4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4
From: "JANKIEWICZ, Jim"
Subject: "We're a Fade, You Missed This"
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 96 16:46:00 PDT

As a long-time early phase Winwood/Traffic fan I have question.
On the American United Artists release of the album "Traffic & Mr.
Fantasy" which contained "Paper Sun" as the opening track and "Mr.
Fantasy" as the semi-closer, there was the snippet edit that was the real
closer titled "We're a Fade, You Missed This".  This little snippet was
merely the last 45 some seconds of "Paper Sun's" coda tacked on to the
end of "Mr. Fantasy".  I have always liked that segue and it is how I
first enjoyed and heard "Mr. Fantasy" and thought it was part of the
actual track.  Whew!   QUESTION:  I have the album but I want it on CD -
any inkling??

Thanks much
Jim J

5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5
From: MHargre586@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 12:59:29 -0400
Subject: Traffic Related CDs

Good News : Blackmail/Edsel in the UK will shortly (October-ish) be releasing
the following -

Aiye Keta / Third World
Jim Capaldi - Oh How We Danced
Jim Capaldi - Whale Meat Again
Jim Capaldi - Short Cut Draw Blood

Mike Hargreaves.

6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6
From: "BobbieG."
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 08:39:54 +0700
Subject: Do you have SW's autograph?

If you have SW's autograph and want to authenticate it, you could
Xerox it and snail-mail it, or scan and e-mail it, to me.  I have one
I can compare it to.  Several Subscribers have done this already, so
I thought I'd give everyone a chance.  I'm no handwriting expert, but
his writing seems to be fairly distinctive and consistent, so I
probably could let you know.

Just email me if you want me to do this.
---

Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 12:38:34 -0500
From: Scott Anderson
Subject: Winwood Promo Spotted - LOWER PRICE!

I posted this before but nobody wanted it....well...the CD has been
marked down 40%! It is now $6....Thanks...

I don't know if anyone would be interested in this or not...but...
the other day while hitting some CD shops I saw a US promo CD single... that I
already have...for the song "Hearts On Fire".

Hearts On Fire (PRCD2637)

1. Hearts On Fire (7 inch remix)  4:07
2. Hearts On Fire (12 inch version) 5:25

It has no artwork at all....they wanted ten dollars for it. (now six)
If anyone wants it I can go get it for you and mail it
for the cost of the CD and postage....

Thanks, Scott.

8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 1996 12:15:37 +0900
From: Hisao_Chida
Subject: SW Concert Video in Japan

I finally got a video of Steve's completely solo concert held at Yokohama Arena
in Japan on March 22, 1991. I went to see the concert and knew the show was
aired on TV but I failed to videotape it. Very recently I found another fan in
Japan who videotaped it and got a copy of it from him.

Steve performed:

I'm A Man
While You See A Chance
Heart's On Fire
Another Deal Goes Down
One And Only Woman
In The Light Of The Day
Valerie
Low Spark of High Heeled Boys
Glad
Feeling' Alright
Medicated Goo
Split Decision
Finer Things
Roll With It
Higher Love
Back In The High Life Again
Gimme Some Lovin

(Total time is 104 minutes)

Players:
Drums:                  Russ Kunkel
Percussion:             Luis Conte
Bass:                   Michael Rhodes
Guitar/keyboards/vocal: Larry Byrom
Sax/keyboards/vocal:    Randall Bramblett

The show was excellent and I'm very excited about it

Hisao Chida
Tokyo, Japan

9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9
From: STUART_TROUTMAN@HP-Chelmsford-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 96 14:08:27 -0400
Subject: Traffic original recording sessions

Is there any good reference for Traffic's original recording sessions (1967-69)?
I'm looking for a bit of detail on the sessions for both "Mr. Fantasy" and "Last
Exit": a track-by-track  personnel/instrumentation breakdown (like the track
notes provided in the great 2nd album).

Most specifically, I'm interested in the presence of Dave Mason on any tracks
on those two albums....Well, I know he's not present on the live side of "Last
Exit", but he's obviously on his own song that opens studio side 1; so is he on
any of the others, such as the instrument "Something's Got a Hold of Me" (or
whatever that's called)? Or is that entirely Winwood's guitar?

Any enlightenment from fellow Traffic fans out there? Thanks.

 -stuart@apollo.hp.com

[I can't answer your question myself, Stuart, but the song you refer to is
'Something's Got a Hold of My Toe'.  Anyone have the rest of the answer?  -
BG]

10*10*10*10*10*10*10*10*10
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 21:47:28 -0500
From: Andrea Dyche
Subject: Steve's tour drummer

 Who is the drummer that Steve uses when he's out on tour?

I'm really interested in finding out who his drummer is, because I know
drummers, who know drummers, who know drummers, etc.  If they know the
drummer, they can get me into sound checks, backstage, etc.  (I just found this
out and am thrilled :-))

Andrea

11*11*11*11*11*11*11*11*11
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 12:22:35 -0500
From: Andrea Dyche
Subject: Spencer Davis Group question

Today on the radio they were playing a sound bite from someone from The
Spencer Davis Group, don't know who, (wasn't paying attention until I heard
"Gimme Some Lovin'" start up. :-)) and they were talking about playing with
someone their own age and continued talking about age.  Any idea who this is
and who they were talking about.

Andrea