From:             Madbotyou@aol.com
Date sent:       Sat, 10 Feb 1996 15:12:15
Subject:          Re: Chronicles newsletter and a question

I am still looking for contributions, ideas and subscribers for Chronicles, the
newsletter for fans of the music and career of Steve Winwood. The next issue is
going out in the mail in early March. Email me at : Madbotyou@aol.com if you
are interested.

Also, I noticed someone mentioning that Winwood is only credited with four
songs. Who wrote "Low Spark" ?

Ken aka Sting

2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2

From:             HarveyP708@aol.com
Date sent:       Sat, 10 Feb 1996 17:47:05
Subject:          Re: Tucson

If I'm not already on your list of Tucsonans to go to the concert, do count me in.
I'm heading to London for RAH in a couple weeks (keep hoping that Steve will
guest - this is EC's 10th annual gig and rumor has it that he may be doing some
Blind Faith stuff) but will be back in early March and wouldn't miss Steve if he
comes.

judy

[Judy, we'll be looking forward to hearing about the RAH concert.  And all the
rest of you, this letter and two others were all that I received in response to
asking for your cities.  C'mon!  Get with the program, people!  ;-)   -BG]

3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3

From:             MATTGREY@aol.com
Date sent:       Sun, 11 Feb 1996 01:55:17
Subject:          Chronicles rules

Chronicles the newsletter rules.  It's what I've been waiting for ever since I've
been a Steve Winwood fan.  Thanks again and keep up the great work!

the dust settles again,
Matt

4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4

Date sent:        Mon, 12 Feb 1996 01:56:36
From:             Carol Ann Kelley
Subject:          Name, State, and other stuff

	Unlike what the e-mail address may say my name is actually Gabriel
Kelley.  I have been a big fan of SW since July of 86 when Back in the High
Life first came out.  Being seven years old at the time, I would have sworn up
and down that he was singing "Bring me a Power Glove" (as in the Nintendo
variety).  I have since straightened out the lyrics, but my love for the song is
still there.
	I am currently enrolled in the Texas Academy for Leadership in the
Humanities in Beaumont, Texas, a program that allows gifted high school
students to attend college two years early.  Despite the fact the presence of such
high intellect, it amazes me that these people still listen to mindless drivel of
Silverchair and Smashing Pumpkins (blahh!!!).
	Amidst all this excess information I do have one question:  Has SW
ever toured the DFW and/or Houston area in the past and does he plan to tour
later (when he releases his next album)?  At this point in my life this is the first
time I would be able to see him in concert and would appreciate any
developments relating to this.
	BTW, does anyone in the group now where I might be able to acquire
the Live at Albert Hall Showtime Special?  If so please e-mail me.

Thanks,

Gabriel Kelley

[Gabriel - A quick peek at the back of my '92 and '94 tour t-shirts shows that
SW did indeed play in Dallas both times, although I don't have the exact dates,
so we should assume he'll do it again.  He seems to try to stay on a consistent
schedule.   -BG]

5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5

Date sent:        Tue, 13 Feb 1996 18:34:53
From:             vankirks@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu (Shannon)
Subject:          Re: Hall of Fame

Steve won't be eligible to be nominated for the R 'n' R Hall of Fame until the
year 2002--25 years after the release of his first solo album.

But SDG (1989), Traffic (1992), and Blind Faith (1994) are all eligible.  Go
figure.  I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but wasn't Traffic as important
and original as . . . no, better not!

Cheers,
Shannon

6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6

From:             "BobbieG."
Date sent:        Mon, 19 Feb 1996 16:52:30 +0000
Subject:          new CD

A two-disc retrospective of the Spencer Davis Group featuring their first three
albums for the first time on CD will be released by Island Records on March
14. The set is titled "Eight Gigs a Week."

A second CD will be released the same day, entitled "Keep On Running", by
Steve Winwood.  Does anyone know what this is?  Is this a re-release of  the
Spencer Davis EP?  Why would it be credited to SW solo?

---

From:             "BobbieG."
Date sent:       Wed, 21 Feb 1996 15:00:30
Subject:          "Dear Mr Fantasy", the book

I was in Flagstaff recently for a home-brew contest, and while browsing
through a used book store (isn't "Dragon's Plunder" the absolute best name for a
used book store?) I came across an old out-of-print book called "Dear Mr
Fantasy".  Imagine my excitement!  However, the book is not about Traffic, it's
an autobiography of Ethan Russell, a photographer who took many of the
album cover photos we boomers grew up with (the Beatles' "Let It Be", the
Who's "Who's Next" (y'know, with the monolith), James Taylor's "Mud Slide
Slim").  It was great fun to read, so if you see it, pick it up.

--
Bobbie

PS  One of our home-brews won a blue ribbon, the "Mike's White", a Belgian
white.  Hi, Mike!