Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 12:17:24 -0400
From: Richard Batey
Subject: For sale

Steve Winwood 45s w/picture sleeves for sale:

Virgin 99261-7 Holding On/Holding On (instr) $4.50
vg+/vg+ white label promo

Virgin 7-99234 Hearts On Fire $4.50
vg+/vg+ white label promo

Steve Winwood
Island 9-28710-7 Higher Love/And I Go
vg (split seam at bottom)/vg $3.50

Steve Winwood
Island 49726 Arc Of A Diver/Dust
vg+/vg $3.50

Steve Winwood
Island 28122-7 Talking Back To The Night/There's A River
vg+/vg $3.50

$15 takes them all. postage extra. each is in a plastic
sleeve.

Richard in USA

2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2
From: HarveyP708
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:24:27 EDT
Subject: summer tour

Last week I was talking with someone who is with John
Entwshistle's management
company and she told me that John will be doing a tour this
summer with
Traffic and Dave Davies. Don't know which Traffic lineup
yet but will keep you
informed when I hear more.

judy

3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3
From: "BobbieG."
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 08:40:29 -0700
Subject: April stats and Birthday Greetings

At the end of April, SP had 349 subscribers; there were 8
Subscribes, 5 Unsubscribes, and 2 changes-of-address.
During April, I sent 3 volumes, with the average size of
10,612KB, containing 23 posts total. Things are definitely
slowing down.

Birthday Greetings:

Send 'em in, people! Last year, with a subscriber-count of
only 250, I had 35 entries. So far, there are only 12 in
the folder, and I would like to get at least 50!

For those of you who are new: email me a message to Steve
on the occasion of his 50th birthday. (Check out last
year's greetings on the web-site for inspiration or
direction.) I will combine all the messages into one file
(much like SP), print it out with a suitable cover-picture,
and snail-mail it to Steve. I have heard through sources
that he has received our efforts of the last 2 years, and
was touched by them, so let's get going! His birthday is
next Tuesday, the 12th, and I will close out the file and
print and send on that day. It will arrive late, but it has
the last 2 years, too, so what the heck, it's tradition.

C'mon! Flood me!

Bobbie   (bobbieg@azstarnet.com)

PS.
Soren and I are still working on the SP Birthday Gift to
Steve. I hope to get it announced by next Tuesday, but it
too will be late.

4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4
From: subscribe@spencer-davis-group.com (SDG Subscribe)
Subject: SDG Newsletter
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 16:34:56 GMT

Hi Cyberfan,

The Spencer Davis Group concert schedule has been updated.
Take a
look at address www.spencer-davis-group.com for the new
tour dates and
locations.  Hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
Spencer and the band

5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 15:04:56 -0600
From: (anonymous)
Subject: Limerick

[In last week's AOL chatroom, a couple of the regulars
began to play around with the first 2 lines of a limerick.
We didn't successfully complete it, but I happened to
mention it, in email, to another Subscriber, who sent in
this, but wishes to remain anonymous. By the way, the
'Alsatian' is the dog Traffic owned while living in the
cottage in the late 60s, and who may have been the
inspiration for 'Dear Mr Fantasy'. -BG]

There once was a rocker named Steve
Who for his Alsatian did grieve.
Now the dog's reinstated--