Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 09:56:57 -0700
From: Marc Soloway
Subject: signed Guitar to sell

I have a Steve Winwood signed Guitar 1997, Not a
concert Guitar, not used by Steve Winwood, Black
Fender Std Am. Strato with hard case signed in
Gold, no clear coat, with letter of Authenticity
Virgin Records.  I am looking to sell, while I am a
fan, it is a luxury item.

Would like to post BO over $700

Marc A. Soloway

2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 12:30:06 -0700
From: thesonics
Subject: Virgin Hammers Websites

Hi J7 here: It appears VIRGIN is dropping 99% of all
sites that review their POP/ROCK releases. I rec'd an
Email from Virgin that I was dropped along with EVERY
other site. This is crazzee I wrote them back.
Besides doing press for them since '90 and TONS of
reviews including SW' J7 CD. I told them NEARLY every
HARD MAG COPY HAMMERED SW J7 except for the SITES
including music related sites like mine. I rec'd no
word back.  Sad. Artists who get hammered including
SW will not longer get GREAT press from the internet
supporters.

I think SW should go to a label like ARISTA etc...
who believe in the POWER of the INTERNET!

J7

3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3*3
From: Everglo55
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 22:01:38 EDT
Subject: Winwood dummy

I'm somewhat of a Steve Winwood dummy, so bear with
me...

If you happened to watch VH-1's 100 Greatest, I know
Traffic was #98. If you did see this could you tell
me what song of theirs that they showed the band
playing? This would really help me out -- THANKS!

4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4*4
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 01:58:50 +0900
From: Hisao Chida
Subject: Beat-Club

It's found that the "Beat-Club" series are still in
stock on VHS(NTSC). There may be some people who want
to buy a copy. I only recommend this:

Title: The History of Beat Club Vol.1  Best
Selection 25 '60s c/n :  PIVP-1103
Price: 5000 Japanese Yen (=US$ 38)

As I wrote before, this contains "Keep On Runnin'"
and "The Mulberry Bush" plus Cream, Jimi Hendrix, The
Who, etc.

Non-Japanese people can order a copy directly from
Japan at:

http://www.cdjapan.com/

The owner of this site is a bullshit who deceived me
and stole from me all the ideas about this online
shop including the domain name itself, but at this
point, this seems the most inexpensive place...

Hope this helps.
Hisao Chida / Tokyo, Japan

5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5*5
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 19:02:18 +0900
From: Hisao Chida
Subject: Songbook

The songbook I mentioned before looked so
irresistible that I have just ordered a copy at
Sheet-Music.Com.

The site sells a Traffic songbook too. As far as I
know, these kinds of songbooks/sheet music
(particularly for artists like SW) don't seem so
marketable as other books like biographies (because
only musicians will buy these) and thus may be out of
print sooner.

Now that I have learned to make transcriptions from
CDs, I don't have to count on songbooks so often as
before, but still, these publications are very useful
to me. While I was in Holland ten years ago, I found
some songbooks of SW at the central library of
Rotterdam, but none of them seem in print now and so
I still regret not making photocopies of them .

When Roll With It came out, a very good songbook for
the album was published here and I still feel very
lucky to be able to buy a copy of it (it's out of
print too). A couple years ago, I found a large local
bookstore in Tokyo started to import songbooks by
request and so I could buy a copy of the Chronicles
songbook - the only songbook of SW on their list at
that time which also seems out of print now.

So for me, it's very useful to have such online shops
as Sheet-Music.Com (even though they charge Far-east
residents too much s/h costs!)

Anyway as soon as the book arrives, I will write to
you how I feel about it!

Ciao
Hisao Chida / Tokyo, Japan

6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6*6
From: "BobbieG."
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 05:00:05 -0700
Subject: Linda

Linda McCartney, who took the first-ever photos of
Traffic while they were still jamming and writing at
the cottage at Aston-Tirrold, died Friday, April 17,
here in Tucson. Her body was cremated and part of the
ashes was spread at the McCartney ranch here.

On Thursday, April 23, I gathered a small posy of the
desert wildflowers that are so beautiful this year,
and left them at the mailbox at the ranch, with a
small card reading, "Linda, thank you for the photos.
From the Traffic fans at Smiling Phases."

Lame, I know, but I felt like I needed to do
something, for all of us.

Bobbie   (bobbieg@azstarnet.com)

7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:00:22 -0600
From: "mzclaw@primenet.com"
Subject: Winwood Remixes question

I am wanting to know if there have been remixes
released for two Steve Winwood songs, "Valerie" and
"The Finer Things"

I have they were released in Japan on CD singles but
have never seen them myself. Has anyone on the list
ever come across them, or have these remixes in your
collection?

Thanks, Mark
mzclaw@primenet.com